Saturday, August 18, 2007

A road trip and pushing onward

I had a very long day yesterday, but one that showed me if I keep my mind in the right place the pain can become secondary. The pain was still there, and more pain showed up due to spending all day in the car, but the things gained were worth more then the things lost.

I went with some friends, and really, a secondary family to me, down the Oregon coast and took a lot of pictures. I climbed rocks and felt waves breaks feet from my face. I saw lighthouses and laughed so hard I cried. I smiled and was truly happy. I spent time with people who make me feel loved and appreciated, people who give me a sense of belonging and people whose lives I feel I am impacting as they grow.

I spent time with the man I love and I crashed out fast asleep in his arms last night. I was exhausted today, but I woke up smiling and even with pain in my back that is hurting me badly, and pain I am unsure of the cause. I am doing my best to remain positive today. To remind myself that the pain is not all that exists in my life, it drags me down and it tears at my soul so often, but there is wind and rain and fresh ocean air, love and clam chowder and memories to be made still. I am not done living yet. I am not done living.