Monday, August 20, 2007

Kidney issues???

I remember reading another migraine blog about potential kidney issues just recently, so this feels almost deja vu'ish.

I have been having back pain around the kidney area on the right side. It comes in waves and is pretty intense at times. Very hot and sharp. I shift a lot and cannot get comfortable. I couldn't get in to see my doctor today, but will try again tomorrow.

I left work early today and was able to sleep for a while. Tylenol is helping some, but certainly not eliminating it. My mom says we have some history of Kidney issues in our family and there is always the question of what role being on Topamax plays.

Time will tell and I certainly hope nothing is wrong, or that its nothing drinking lots of water wont solve. I hate that taking medications can cause more problems. I am contemplating my switch to as many alternate only health treatments as possible lifestyle again. I.e, taking only medications I have to, or ones where I absolutely know the benefits outweigh the risks or side effects and using alternative therapies/natural therapies the rest of the time. My life will be a lot of yoga, massage and acupuncture, but I think it will be better, especially if Topamax has given me kidney stones. Yuck. No more of this junk for me.