Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ultrasounds and keeping that work/home balance

Today I had an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound to try and diagnose what is going on with my back/abdominal pain.

The abdominal ultrasound hurt pretty bad when the tech pushed on my kidney and gall bladder areas. I was pretty sore for a while afterwards. Overall I have not been hurting as much today as I did the past few days, but then again I took today off work and half of yesterday, have been sleeping a lot more and taking a lot more advil. I should probably wise up and make that connection.

Not sitting in a chair computing all day is bound to relieve some of my pain. Sleeping is bound to help me at least ignore some of my pain. I am about to curl up and take a mid-afternoon nap right now. Tomorrow it is back to work for me. No matter how much I would like to not go.

That is always something I struggle with, keeping a good balance between work and my health. Between work and my home life. My significant other struggles with understanding how I can have enough energy to go to work, but not enough to do more once I am home. Why I chose work over home life. In the end, I wish the answer were really that simple. I have to have my health insurance and I have to have a paycheck. I love him, and he is important, how does one keep that balance in check? I know I have not mastered it yet.